John Smyzer's Ramblings

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Mr. Ashcroft - The Court

I really don't have a dog in the hunt, but I have 'never' understood the hate John Ashcroft generates. Nobody every really points to anything specific. They will say things about people getting information on what you are reading in the library, they will talk about The Patriot Act. I guess I am sorry to see him go - comparing him to Janet Reno, when I think of all the underhanded garbage' that went on during her tenure I shudder.

I don't really think The President will appoint Clarence Thomas as Chief Justice. I wouldn't have a problem if he did, just don't think he will... it is wonderful to hear the squirming regarding the rumors though. ha ha. I heard an interesting speculation today, and I think it could be a sleeper. Ted Olsen who was the Solicitor General up until a few months ago. His wife Barbara was on the plane that went into the Pentagon on 9/11. I used to see her on many talk shows; I really liked her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home