John Smyzer's Ramblings

Monday, August 09, 2004

Colonoscopy

I had one today - yesterday in the lead up I developed a sore throat which resulted in a miserable night. Anyone who has had one of these knows the 'prep' is the hard part. Drinking the gallon of 'Golytely' is a true reward in itself.

Regardless, when I reported for the procedure this morning, the nurse asked me if I had been sick recently and I said, not that I know of... the reason she was asking was, I was running a fever. There was no way I was going to admit being sick in the off chance they would cancel the colonoscopy, and I'd have to begin anew. Regardless, they did the deed... awaiting one polyp biopsy sometime in the next week.

I napped for three hours today... out like a light. Stomach is cranky and I'm feeling mean. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home