John Smyzer's Ramblings

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Rush!

   I have listened to Rush for 20 years +; I make no apologies for doing so and I will continue to listen.  I will confess to cringing last Wednesday when he ‘first’ mentioned Ms. Fluke.  And yes, yes, he needed to offer her an apology.  It was (the name calling), over the top.  The thrust of his argument was not, and it is a very sad commentary that the real story is being blindsided. Welcome to the real world I guess.

   As for the advertisers.  I will speak for me only; I have a sleep number bed, I have used Pro Flowers, and I use Carbonite.  I will NOT ‘ever’ give up my sleep number bed, but I have informed Pro Flowers I will never buy another flower from them; I have pulsed Carbonite whom I still have a 152 day subscription, about a refund, and if I find out there are other sponsors I have used that have dropped Rush, I will drop them.   For me it is simple.  There have been numerous times over the years I have disagreed with Rush, but I will tell you this – he has a pulse on what is really happening out there whether one wants to admit it or not…his use of satire is not understood by many in the country and accounts for many who bastardize him. 

   Over the years I have fought family members over issues raised by Rush – 99% of the time they have not listened with any regularity at all to understand his shtick.  He has said many times over the course of time, you must listen to him for ‘about’ 2-3 weeks before you understand his methods. 

   I am not going to try and convert anyone; I could care less – he can take care of himself. I will remain a loyal listener and argue with any of the sheeple out there who are in the mood.



1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home