John Smyzer's Ramblings

Monday, January 23, 2012

Rambling Down The Road

   Keystone Pipeline decision – no matter what side of the fence one is on, President Obama’s decision to hold up the pipeline is the most blatant ‘political’ decision I can think of… blatantly political.  I can not think of an appropriate adjective to describe what must be going through his mind.   There are no words.

   http://goo.gl/mClXO  This has to be one of the funniest things I’ve seen regarding the great GM comeback.  I am confident the President will illuminate the resurgence of GM in tomorrow nights State of The Union address, but what he does not (will not) mention are the tactics taken to get there.  Ever heard of Bain Capital?  Ha ha.  Same techniques used here.  I am still holding to my pact to no longer buy GM.  I get a company discount because of previous employment with a GM company; I intend to never again buy GM due to the bailout.  They could have reorganized and accomplished the same thing – nobody will ever convince me otherwise.

   It is interesting to hear the Republican ‘elite’ tell us who we should nominate to carry the party standard in the upcoming election.  I’m not saying Romney won’t get the nomination, but what I can tell you is this – if he (Romney) does not find a better way to articulate his positions, he will NOT be the nominee.  It matters not what the seers of the party say… the fricking thing called ‘the people’ will do the deciding.  The people are so very tired of being told they are too selfish, too rich, and yes, too white.  They are so tired of seeing political decisions (e.g. Keystone), that so obviously hurt this country.  Anyone who thinks the Tea Party disdain for government has waned, does so at their own peril.  No matter what one says in disagreement with the President is deemed racist.  Garbage.

   http://goo.gl/t67uR  Me?  I’d say when the TSA has to frisk a United States Senator, we have gone just abit too far.  Just saying.

   http://goo.gl/QBDHZ  Do you think this topic might be worthy of discussion at the State of The Union Speech?  And you wonder why ‘the people’ are tired of Congress?  Again, whether or not you agree, the House has submitted their budget; The Senate refuses. Should be topic #1 when The President speaks. It will NOT be mentioned; bet the bank. 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home