John Smyzer's Ramblings

Monday, August 07, 2006

Chaos

It seems to be everywhere these days - turmoil abounds. I personally find myself somewhat taken aback at some thoughts that ramble through my head, then I ponder the alternative and get a little more down.

I see what is happening to Joe Lieberman in CN - he has been on the 'other' side often enough for me to, in a way, not be disgruntled about what is happening to him... however, I do think he is right in his support of the war.

The President, very early on in his administration identified 'The Axis of Evil'. Included in his descriptive were, Iran, Syria, North Korea. Umm, does anyone 'not' agree? I guess so. It pains me at times to listen to President Bush, pains me only in the sense that his delivery is not fluid enough for the regular folk in this country. Plain spoken and from the heart; he says what he means and means what he says. Waaaay too tough for most folk in this politically correct country we live in.

SECDEF Rumsfield - I can remember when he was a media star. Back in the early days of this war, they loved him. Now? In one way I guess I am beginning to think new blood may be in order. In most ways, he has my admiration. I don't think anyone can deny the mess in Iraq, in Baghdad in particular.

Major part of the Alaska pipe line to be shut down - what a time for this to happen. ( :

The Senate - finally coming around on off-shore drilling. I suspect the fact that Fidel is doing it just off the Florida coast was more incentive than anything the American consumer is going through. Think about that abit... the absurdity of Cuba drilling off our shore if you will... and here we sit, with our technology not doing so... think perhaps the American people can see how silly that is? Quite a motivator for our congress, at least in my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home