John Smyzer's Ramblings

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Philanthropy

These past few weeks have been filled with several of this nations richest men donating their monies to charitable organizations. Not much one can say about the good Bill Gates has done for this world in giving back. I used to listen to the folk chide him with all his wealth and they had no clue of the amounts he gave to charity.

Then in the past week or so we had Warren Buffet give 39 billion to the Gates Foundation also. Sounds good right? Does to me, except I had one little thought in the back of my mind that kept nawing at me. Gates and Buffet are friends. Have been for years. They have talked about their political views on occasion, mostly in the area of taxation. 'They' believe our taxes are not high enough... they are against the repeal of the inheritance tax, they are for higher in come taxes blah blah blah.

Again, I doubt anyone can speak against what the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is accomplishing... I just wonder why, for someone in favor of higher taxation for the rich, they find a way to NOT be taxed. The problem is the definition of the rich. Who decides who is? Just find it interesting.

1 Comments:

  • This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home