John Smyzer's Ramblings

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Things

We were out on a small family outing yesterday. Kay, myself, +1 (no names) : ) - the subject of North Korea came up. Obviously the firing of the missiles was in this discussion. Something really struck me... the +1 talked about the ability to 'shoot them down' if North Korea actually fired a missile at the United States. Now, I don't know about you, but I remember when President Reagan was advocating The Strategic Defense Initiative (S.D.I.). He (President Reagan) was scathingly referred to as a dummy, and I won't even begin to go into how much he was loathed.
The point is, this '+1" was grateful for even the possiblity that these anti-missiles if you will, could shoot down incoming. I just wonder, do they really think these things just materialize out of thin air? Sometimes I marvel at how history changes as time passes. There is no doubt (at this point in time) of this countries love affair with President Reagan... somehow many in the country forget just how villified he was [at the time].
As for North Korea? I think, UNLESS the North Koreans make it clear where they are aimed, they should be blown off the pad prior to launch. I may have 'some' confidence in S.D.I., but not total.

1 Comments:

  • I like it! Good job. Go on.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home