John Smyzer's Ramblings

Monday, October 03, 2005

This'n That

Tom Delay
If he is proven guilty, cut him loose.

Supreme Court Nominee
Don't know much about her but, a few thoughts.
1) I want so badly to believe The President knows her leanings. First of all, there is not much one can do about it, and second of all, as always, it is a crap shoot. NOBODY knows how she will cast her votes within the court... at least not yet.
2) It will be known before mid term elections whether or not The President made a mistake. There are too many cases of import coming up that will reveal the nominees real philosophy.
3) "IF" she is a replicate of Justice O'Connor, I beleive the republican party will pay dearly in both the mid-term elections in 2006 and the next general election.
4) Were you to look back in Oct of 2000, and again in Oct of 2004, you would see 'my' feelings on the import of the pick. NOTHING matters more than the opportunity to appoint one to The Supreme Court.
5) Me personally? I will reserve judgement on the judicial nominee... I want to believe in my president!! Period.
6) When Mssrs. Reid and Schummer speak glowingly, umm, I git worried. ( :

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home