John Smyzer's Ramblings

Sunday, October 02, 2005

The Art of Losing Weight :(

Well, it is as I have always suspected... less intake = less weight! How very revealing... tis not easy, but when one is forced one usually will take action. In my case I get diagnosed with Type II diabetes and it forces one to do 'something'.

So, I have been on a regime of exercise and watching very closely the carbohydrate intake. Not counting calories at this time, just slowing the intake of carbs. Went to a dietician who looked over what I had been eating for a typical week. She said the food was good and balanced, I was just eating too much of it... :( She allowed me 2200 calories per day, 60 carbs per meal with 30 carbs in between.... 'very rarely' do I eat the 30 in between, and generally try and hold my meal to around 45 carbs. In addition to that I have been focused on walking - it has paid off... the weight is melting away and it is something I've needed to do for aloooong time.

I do go back to the doctor on October 14th I believe it is - I am looking forward to climbing on 'her' scale to get a true reading. While I won't tell what I began at, I will reveal the number of pounds lost. :) Better to keep 'some' things quiet doncha think?

Bottom line is, I feel better... I do test my sugar right at six times per day... commencing with 22 July forward, and the results are very encouraging. I hope I can keep the fortitude for the rest of my natural life. :) The push-a-way method is indeed, as always known, the best way to lose the weight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home