John Smyzer's Ramblings

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The President Speaks

He hasn't yet, as of this writing - the press will say there is nothing new, and in fact I don't expect anything new. Should anyone be curious, I will guarantee I can find quotes from the president immediately post 9/11 where he said... this war will go on for along time. It is different than any war ever before fought in this country.

Alas, nobody listened. Did he 'or' his administration expect this insurgency to be as tough as it is? I doubt it, but... for every freaking bomb they blow over there trying to get us out... it is one less they are setting off here. Simple thinking? Perhaps - I just know this and not much more.

The President of these United States has been honest about the tough job from the beginning... the people just don't want to hear the truth. Sad but true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home