John Smyzer's Ramblings

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Rambling Thoughts

   Do the ‘little people’ differentiate between a yachting weekend and a golfing weekend?  Dunno – we little ones do not matter.

   Elana Kagan from 1997:  From speech at Case Western Reserve, 1997: “I loved what happened in the Bork hearings. I wrote a review of Stephen Carter’s book recently where I said, ‘no, he has it all wrong. The Bork hearings were great, the Bork hearings were educational. The Bork hearings were the best thing that ever happened to Constitutional Democracy.’”  I wonder what she thinks right ‘now’.

   Ken Feinberg:  No matter what one thinks of a specific policy that brings Ken Feinberg into the picture, I have never watched an interview with him I didn’t like.  He speaks straight from the gut.  He does not mince words.  He does not talk around a given subject.  I think I genuinely like him.

   Mika Brzezinski admitted that she has been "working with the White House" on oil spill talking points.  What can one add to that?  If you don’t know, Mika is the female half to MSNBC’s ‘Morning Joe’. 

   General Mc Chrystal will have to leave, probably as soon as today.  I do not see any other choice.  Can’t be any other way no matter your view on the war(s).  From the time he and President Obama met on the plane (for all of 20 minutes), you should have known this was coming.  The time has come and the General is unloading on a whole bunch of them on his way out.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home