John Smyzer's Ramblings

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Barton’s Apology

   Can ‘anyone’ tell me where it says in our laws, our constitution, anything on the books, where it is permissible to ‘DEMAND’ payment from a company?

   Joe Barton was right.  It was / is a shakedown from our government to BP.  The only thing he did wrong was to then apologize to BP.  We are supposed to be a country of laws – we are no longer in my opinion.

   I’ve also been noticing the media citing the huge number of safety violations BP has had in comparison to Exon Mobile and others. I was involved with the government, both directly and indirectly for more than forty years. I will bet my last fricking dollar BP has ‘on record’, evidence of passing those  government inspections.  And by the way… if they were violating government regulations, why did not the big government boys and girls SHUT THEM DOWN???   In other words, why isn’t the government shaking themselves down?  Hmmm??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home