John Smyzer's Ramblings

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Rambling Thoughts

   Perhaps the most intriguing thing in this whole Gulf disaster to me is how long it has taken The President to meet with Tony Hayward (BP head honcho).  Just boggles my mind.  Nothing more to say regards this subject. 

   Has anyone noticed how President Obama cites as a leader in green energy the country of Spain?  Talks about how advanced Spain is and how many jobs are being created.  Umm, for the record, Spain is ‘on the brink’ of bankruptcy.  But, I guess the same can be said for us, read as U.S.A..

   Here is a link to a classic example of Affirmative Action – I don’t know, but I’m guessing it may be more prevalent than we know.  http://tinyurl.com/2fc8ros

   I listened to Elizabeth Warren, who is chair of the U.S. Congressional Oversight Panel discussing the panels oversight of AIG.  We have been hearing the Obama Administration blame Bush for deregulation in the oil industry, which in turn has led to the Gulf situation.  If you ever wanna hear someone speak straight doo doo, listen to Elizabeth. She cuts no slack, but I digress.  One of her points was there were more than 300 regulation agencies which were in place when the AIG situation developed.   They were, and probably still are tripping over each other.  “THAT” is why we need to cut regulations.

   I personally have no problem with regulations, but when you have to hire people just to ensure you are following the regs, you are getting in too deep.  Cut them!!!

   Now I’m gonna go cook some ribs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home