John Smyzer's Ramblings

Saturday, February 20, 2010

My Take – The Interview

   I have ‘no’ bone to pick with Tiger; I hope he gets his personal life in order for his sake and not mine. But, you talk about a staged event.  Me?  I despise gimmickry, and this event was indeed a gimmick.

   He was coached ‘when’ to look directly into the camera.  Were looking into the camera done naturally you would not have noticed it so much. I did on at least three occasions.

   The biggest sign to me the whole thing was staged was Tiger’s mother.  If you missed it, and get the chance to see it again, watch right towards the end when his mother looks to the right.  Tiger is still talking, his mother looks to the right as if waiting for a queue.  Tiger quits talking, mom stands up and they do their embrace – she with a big smile on her face.  A glance to the right perhaps responding to an entry into the room – that I understand… not a sustained turning of the head and watching for the queue. 

   None of this matters in the end.  He doesn’t need to apologize to me,  but his sponsors?  Perhaps, and in the end, that is what this was about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home