John Smyzer's Ramblings

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

There Is “NO” Free Lunch

So this morning I am reading my ‘local’ hometown newspaper.  There is an article in there about our volunteer fire department perhaps getting $60,000.00 for infrastructure updates (this money to come from stimulus funds).  Initially I scanned the article and a small paragraph just reached out and stroked me.

I give you a quote from our illustrious mayor:  “the opportunity to get what amounts to free money for a project already planned is too good to pass up.”  It is precisely this type of thinking that drives me nutso.  I had to have been at ‘least’ in the fifth grade before I learned there was not a free lunch from the govmint!!!!  And this from our “mayor”.  We are doomed me thinks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home