John Smyzer's Ramblings

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I Am So Very Proud - “NOT”

I watched the president’s news conference last night and will repeat what I said very early on in the campaign for president.  President Obama is very polished in his speaking; for a black man to come into the state of Iowa and ‘win’ was an early harbinger of what was to come.  Can’t begrudge him that in any way.  I am however, so very disappointed to keep hearing the populist views on the folks at A.I.G.  I had told spousal member earlier this week A.I.G. would be changing their name pronto and it has already happened.  Regardless, for bus tours to the homes of workers, harassing families, these things turn my stomach. 

Those of you who earn an upper income wage had better begin to hide that fact.  They are coming for you and you don’t even know it yet.  I am ashamed of what is happening to the greatness of this country, and frankly I don’t give a hang who knows it!  It used to PAY to excel.  There are supposed to be rewards for hard work.  Does that mean I don’t think there are crooks out there?  Nope, they are out there, everywhere in this world I’ve been. 

Did you know that in the city of New York (over 8 million people), 40,000 pay over half the taxes to keep that city running?  Think about that abit.  Now, if those dastardly A.I.G.folk ‘leave’ the city, their tax take goes with them, and umm, who do you think they will come for next?  Hmmm????     Honest companies are cancelling retreats to hotels, even giving up their deposits so as to ‘hide their faces in shame’… they do not want the public thinking they are splurging.  And the government?   Gittin bigger by the day, the budget being exploded each and every day.  It is sad, it is pathetic, it is a disgrace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home