John Smyzer's Ramblings

Monday, March 23, 2009

And So….

   I’m watching ‘The View’ this morning.  They were talking about being embarrassed to go shopping in these hard times.  Their embarrassment emanated from shopping in what ‘they’ perceived to be a ritzy store.  Sherry said to Barbara - “let’s go to Target and shop”.  Now, I say to you.  If you are used to shopping in Gucci's and  suddenly, to make yourself feel better you waltz into Target, do you not think you will stand out like a sore thumb?

   You can not have it both ways ladies.  Either you were lying to yourselves shopping at Gucci’s before, or you are lying now by going to Target.  Using this analogy, “I” should move from shopping at Target down to the $ store and I do NOT intend to do so.  I am what I am, and I am not changing just because I along with many others have lost boo koo buckeroos.  I go to the $ store when I want to and not to move down to ‘their’ level.  Methinks the ladies on ‘The View’ will move back to Gucci’s quite quickly as soon as the storm passes, or at least when they perceive it has passed.  Me?  Still be at Target, Walmart, and yes, the $ store.  smile_shades

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home