John Smyzer's Ramblings

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

America’s Depression

   So, I’m watching World News Tonight with ole Charlie Gibson – they begin talking about how the horrendous depression is affecting America’s families.  The had perhaps three instances of people having to cut back on eating O U T !!!  One lady had to quit giving her fricking dawg a session at his monthly pet spa. 

   I’m being as honest as I can here.  I wanted to vomit.  Do you think for even one second someone in a third world country watching that would have any sympathy???   Cutting back on eating out???!!!???  Now, as for the restaurant itself and the associated waitresses' and waiters, yes, I have compassion.  For those who can’t afford to go out abit less?  Nope!!

   I spent many years overseas – I watched and know from whence the term ‘ugly American’ emanates.   I am proud of this country and there is none better, but abit of humility goes along way.  And having a story citing people having to cut back eating out, or grooming their pet as a result of the depression is not showing humility in any way.  This is a world wide crisis, not just here.   Acck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home