John Smyzer's Ramblings

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Upcoming House Vote

For me, I absolutely hope the House Republicans and Blue Dawg Democrats tell the Senate to stick this pork filled bill up their anal cavities (plural). I'm not gonna pray for it, I am gonna wish for that result. I don't give a hang if my IRA goes to zero. It is time these yaybirds face reality.


BTW, headline in my local paper today? Nebraska banks have no problem with credit. I just heard a guy call in who got an 8K loan from his bank in Michigan for a new home air conditioner. Another called in saying he'd called five different banks in his locale, asked to speak to the branch manager and then proceeded to ask if he could get a mortgage. "IF" he qualified, all answered in the affirmative. I'm just not buying it... somebody is lying. Dunno who.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Well, I can tell you from first hand experience....Tina just closed on a house this past week. It was financed at 100% including closing costs! AND....she had her new job less than a month. It was an FHA loan considered an urban loan because of the size of the town. She got a really good deal, and I'm sure the appraisal was high enough to account for no down payment, but still!! With all this talk about the economy and credit drying up, I was surprised.

    By Blogger Tootsie, at 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home