John Smyzer's Ramblings

Monday, October 13, 2008

Random Thoughts

1)  I think Jim Cramer of NBC/MSNBC/CNBC should be fired for malpractice.  Telling people last week to pull out of the market after the steep decline.  It was a very tough week, let there be no doubt, and it is even  tougher if you watch the experts.  Here is what you learn if you watch the quote/unquote experts.  They are as much in the dark as you and me.  I enjoy at times watching panels of experts.  If the panel has five members, chances are you will get five different opinions.  As I type this, the Dow is up 567 points.  All those people who yanked their money out based on Cramer’s advice will not realize these gains.  Will these gains hold?  Who  knows; nobody… that  is the only fact.  The only thing people have to follow is history, and history tells us the market will recover.  The people who pulled out, lost allot on the downswing, lost the gains on the upswing, and if it holds and they re-buy, they lost again because they will have bought for more than they sold for.  Sad.  By the way, this is the same Cramer who advised his ‘followers’ to buy Bear  Stearns.  Heard of them lately?

2)  I’ve been inundated with calls from pollsters lately.  I have decided to become a follower of the democrat party for all future polls.  I very politely say I am for ‘The One’, I am for the local democrat Congressman, I am for the democrat party to fix the economy etc. etc. etc.  You git the picture.  I feel much better when I hang up.

3)  I am going to swallow hard and do some bottom fishing in the market.  One must have some stones to do so in this environment, but the transfer of funds is in progress. :)  Too many bargains out there.  I’ve already increased holdings in BUD – people will always need an adult beverage, especially in times line this. <wink>

4)  Lest anyone mis-read my intent.  Had you gotten out of the market a year ago when it was at 14,000 because you felt things were going to go into the drink, then God Bless you.  And if Cramer had said get out then, I would have probably agreed with him. 

5) I hate to say I told you so; many times over the months since this campaign began I’ve felt racism has been set back in this country.  This began with Hillary and Barrack in ‘their’ campaign.  If you can look into the lavatory mirror and say racism is not alive and well in this country, ya may as well sit on the commode and blow it out your hinny.  I don’t feel good about it, but it is reality and it is going to get worse.  You can see the train coming from waaay off in the distance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home