John Smyzer's Ramblings

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mr. McCain

http://tinyurl.com/4dfx2a

I see today Mr. McCain is touting oil exploration.  I should be happy, right?  This very thing is an example for why I am having problems with the Senator from Arizona. 

I KNOW what the Senator from Illinois is going to do.  He makes no bones about what he is up to.  And if he's elected, so be it.  I am not going to go all nutzo especially since I am the age I am.  But the young in this country who believe they see the shining star of hope on the hill?  They will be in for a rude awakening.

As for McCain?  He's been against exploration for so long, I now have to question his intelligence being for exploration.  I mean, he has been in a position of decision making for this country for how long... others have been advocating drilling for many many years. I guess I should be happy he's finally onboard, but again, this very decision illuminates 'why' I have problems with Senator McCain. 

And one more time; it makes me want to vomit when people on the left try and tell us they are upset with high gas prices.  This is PRECISELY what they have lobbied for over the years.  They just wanted to do it with a tax in order to force a cut back on consumption.  Well, consumption is indeed dropping, they should be gleeful.  But, they see it as a political issue... high prices = B U S H and big oil.  What a crock.   

For anyone interested, this is the United States of America. We have the technology, we have the energy, and we do not need the Arab world to rub our noses in anything.  Besides about 60% of our oil comes from North America as it is... course the media does not tell us that - :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home