John Smyzer's Ramblings

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Half Way There

Welp, I filled my tank the other day and it was $50.00 American.  Soooo, I guess gas will have to get to $8.00 per gallon before we arrive at where I think 'The People' will rise and demand The Congress act. 

It is my theory that people will finally realize congress has not allowed the harvesting of our own natural resources and will demand they allow drilling both within the interior and offshore.  There simply is no excuse.  I have not checked this out yet, but I read from a normally reliable source that China is building 300 nuclear power plants.  Know how many we are building?  Z E R O ! We can do it safely, we have the technology. 

This does NOT mean we can't pursue other alternatives.  I do not know even one person who is against alternatives,  and then when we have them, give up on fossil fuels.  Let's get on with it, but until we have something alternate, drill for the fricking oil we have.  Just like I don't know even one person against LEGAL immigration. 

Anyway, as mentioned previously, there are signs the people are finally getting it; I mentioned before South Dakota approved a new oil refinery.  It just takes some time, and pain. 

What people fail to understand is that what is happening is <precisely> what most environmentalists want.  I am talking about the radicals, those that make the noise.  I do not know one person who wants to destroy the planet.  Yes, there are polluters, there are those who don't take care of the simple things.  I am just saying the majority of folks take care of things, like they are taught in, oh, say, the second or third grade.  "THOSE" people are going to be heard from, and soon me thinks.

So, I am hunkered down, I am ready to pay, and I am waiting for 'The People' to rise and make some demands on The Congress, the makers of law. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home