John Smyzer's Ramblings

Friday, November 04, 2005

Scooter

Something about this situation smells... don't really have a pulse on it yet, but I do know it does not pass the smell test.

Look - for many years I worked in the outer fringes of the intelligence world. By outer fringes I mean... many many had more and greater access than I ever thought I'd have, but... a few things I do know. "IF" I worked in the CIA I could not just up and appoint my spouse to go to a foreign nation and do some investigating on behalf of 'The Agency'. And when said spousal unit returned, they were not debriefed in any way... come on people! I got debriefed whenever I changed locations - ahh yes, there is rotting flesh in the halls of The Agency.

Methinks when all is said and done, that Scooter will walk. I suspect it will end up something like Caspar Weinberger in the Reagan years when he had to defend Iran Contra and was acquitted. What puzzles me more than anything is the fact that the Special Prosecutor 'must' know this also. Yup, 'something' smells, we just don't know what yet.

But we will!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home