John Smyzer's Ramblings

Sunday, May 30, 2004

Computer Disaster

Long loud scream. Friday night past, I tried to remove what is known as spyware from my home computer. I trusted the program that was to do the deed. I paid big time for placing my trust in an unknown, or without reading the directions... regardless, I have spent the past two days rebuilding, reinstalling etc. getting back to business. Thank goodness for backups, at least the important stuff.

Regardless, I do not have email addresses (current) backed up... can you BELIEVE that? Many I know by heart, but if you wanna send me a one word message I will recapture on input, and I promise I will backem up!!! Arrgh... I have backups from back in Jun of 02 and a couple of those folks have expired, (may they rest in peace).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home