John Smyzer's Ramblings

Saturday, May 22, 2004

Which Is It?

I remember in Vietnam they said we had major problems because the war was run by Washington - The President, in this war, has stated publicly that he would let the military run the war as they saw fit. Now that there are hard times, and they were forecast by the way, the main stream press is repeating history. I don't know that I agree with everything that is going on there, in fact I know I don't; I do know that war is hell, to coin a phrase.

Back in Viet Nam, when the William Calley incident occurred, I could not bring myself to condem Lt. Calley nor his men. The reason? The heat of battle. I have tried to draw a distinction between The Calley Affair and what has gone on in the prisions in Iraq. In 'my' mind, when the prisioners are subdued and contained as they were in Iraq, there really is no excuse. I may be full of ka ka.

I still believe, and nobody will convince me otherwise that there 'had' to be higher ups knowledgeable of what was going on. And further more, if they did 'not' know what was going on, they were not doing theirjobs. Time will tell the outcome, as for me, I will do my best to continue my support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home