John Smyzer's Ramblings

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Hypocrite - Sir Warren Buffett

   Over the course of time within this blog I have criticized Warren Buffett, especially as it pertains to his paying income taxes.  Our President has been railing about corporations moving their corporate headquarters outside this country in order to pay lower corporate income taxes.  Mr. Buffett who has publicly sided with President Obama as it pertains to 'personal' income taxes has taken a strange interest in the Burger King situation. 
   His interest?  Oh, just three billion (that is with a 'b'), dollars to finance the merger with the Canadian company.  To me it is laughable.  Buffett intentionally keeps his salary at 100K and has for years.  He knows 'how' to do it and still live at any means he wants.  Sounds good to Joe Blow though.  I have over the course of time, bought a little Berkshire stock (the B stock).  I would guess that makes me a hypocrite to some.  In reality I wish I had more, it does make money.  That does NOT alleviate the fact ole Warren himself is a hypocrite!  I am just upfront about being one. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home