John Smyzer's Ramblings

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Passing Thoughts

   First of all, ‘anytime’ there is tragedy,  there are those who help and those who think only of getting to safety.  These are both natural reactions.  I now, and always have maintained ‘nobody’ knows what they themselves would do unless they were confronted with a given situation.  Again, it is a natural reaction, whichever reaction one has.  I first came to this conclusion during the William Calley trial post the Vietnam War.  If you do not know the incident, google it. 

   So… “I” get so very tired of those who say ‘we Americans’ always turn towards disaster instead of away from disaster.  Can someone name me “O N E” disaster anywhere else  in the world where there were not people running to help.  Just one, please?  Pet peeve of mine I guess.  I am not disparaging those who help for crying out loud!

   ‘Anytime’ a bomb or series of bombs goes off, anywhere, it is terrorism. PERIOD!!  I do not need The President of The United States to say it; I know it is terrorism. Whether or not he should have said the word I will leave up to others… he is after all, highly educated.

   If you follow and understand the rules of golf you would line up on the side of Tiger disqualifying himself from The Masters.  If you are a periodic watcher, much like baseball fans who only watch baseball during The World Series, you think Tiger should have stayed in the tournament.  If Tiger had won The Masters, there would have been a stain on the tournament… may be anyway.  Regardless, “I” am glad he did NOT win because of the incident.  The fact his old caddy was on the winning bag may have been karma. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home