John Smyzer's Ramblings

Saturday, May 01, 2010

Tiger One More Time

   On 12/08/09 I wrote I didn’t think Tiger would ever win another golf tournament. If he plays like he did the last couple of days it will indeed never happen again. I will however, concede that proclamation might have been abit hasty.

   I do think his performance on Thursday and Friday confirmed what I said about the mental aspect of the game.  People thought he’d just pop back into the game and being winning.  Golf is much different from other sports.  I think the mental aspect is more intense in golf than say, basketball or football.

   In basketball as in football you have a team. You as a part of that team can literally cover up mistakes – golf does not allow for those mistakes.  Not only is every golf course different, every hole is different and only you can read the putts and play the course.  Mr. Woods is finding out the realities of mental toughness. 

   As for me I remain as I was before; I can no longer look at Tiger as I did prior to Thanksgiving 09. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home