John Smyzer's Ramblings

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Random Thoughts

   I feel for the people laying around the airports without anyway to get home.  Many are running out of money – dunno why in the world they don’t just ask for a ‘bailout’. 

   Do you find it suspicious that right before the Healthcare Bill came to fruition it was revealed Blue Cross Blue Shield of California was raising rates real high?  Now, just as the Finance Bill comes up, it is revealed there have been dastardly acts by Goldman Sachs.  I wonder if one of those acts was the contribution of nearly one million to our President. 

   I don’t know quite ‘what’ to make of the fact President Obama has played more rounds of golf in less than two years than President Bush did during his entire two terms.  Different folks will draw their own conclusions. Me?  I just observe.

   Barbara Boxer in a campaign rally in California asking her supporters to get fired up like the Tea Party folks is quite interesting.  I thought Tea Partiers were  scum of the earth.  Evidently their passion is beginning to make the other side feel the heat.  When I say the other side, I’m not real sure what I mean.  I think incumbents in general are in some trouble this year. 

   The volcano in Iceland once again makes me realize just how insignificant we on earth are when it comes to pollution.  Were I to guess, I’d suspect more pollution has resulted and is still ensuing from this eruption, than years and years of man made pollution even thought of creating.  We are dust in the wind, and to ‘think’ we have to ability to control nature is beyond me.

   If I were a betting man, I would bet you most anything that no new off-shore drilling will ensue during the “entire” Obama administration, whether it is four or eight years.  He sound doggone good telling us about it though, just about the time we wanna hear about drilling.  Nor by the way will any new nuclear plants be started.  Any takers?

   Did you hear who Goldman Sachs hired as their lawyer?  Former White House Counsel Gregory Craig. Ha ha ha ha.  You can’t make this stuff up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home