John Smyzer's Ramblings

Saturday, April 03, 2010

The News as Reported

   One day this week, early morning I had MSNBC (Morning Joe) on the tube as I checked emails etc.  They began talking about Newark NJ and the fact Newark had gone thirty consecutive days without a murder.  Since I am not familiar with Newark’s crime rate, I had to assume this was an oddity – no murders for thirty days. 

   In my normal morning stupor, I tired of Morning Joe and flipped over to IMUS.  They were reading the news story about the very same issue – Newark’s thirty days without a murder…. ‘except’… they added one teensy weensy fact.  There had been eight shootings during those thirty days.

   We can conclude one important thing.  The shooters in Newark are firing only to wound, not kill.  I thought the story and the reading of it from two different sources was both revealing and funny. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home