John Smyzer's Ramblings

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

U.S. decision can't wait for Afghan legitimacy: Gates | Reuters

   I will add Gates to the mix of those who I think should resign if The President does not make a decision soon. 

   I’ll say it again – he is ‘our’ president – if he makes the decision to NOT send reinforcements, so be it, but at the same time he oughta pull the rest out.  To be left there without reinforcements is in my mind criminal. 

   As a former military person, I do not see how McCrystal ‘or’ Gates, ‘or’ Petraeus can support what is going on.  If The President does not like what McCrystal recommended, then fire him and pick someone he wants.  Oh, I forgot… President Obama ‘did’ pick McCrystal.  But, remember, that was when President Obama said it was a war of necessity and it was not messy.  It is now messy.  

   All of a sudden, those dadgummed tough decisions President Bush made don’t look so easy.

U.S. decision can't wait for Afghan legitimacy: Gates | Reuters

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home