John Smyzer's Ramblings

Monday, October 05, 2009

Afghanistan Again

I personally could care less if we are in Afghanistan. What I do care about is this – if we are going to be there then listen to the commander on the ground or get the heck OUT!

Here’s what I ‘know’. All democrats of any stature whatsoever told us again and again we should be in Afghanistan instead of Iraq. I mentioned several times while Bush was still president, if they were elected it would be interesting to see just how important Afghanistan was, especially if the going got tough. Well, it has gotten tough, and what do we have?

If President Obama does NOT send the troops requested, I see no way for Gen McChrystal to stay. In fact, I’d expect Petraeus to go also. On 9/24/09 I made hint of Petraeus being a candidate for national office. In today’s New York Times I saw reference to the same idea. Dunno, but…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home