John Smyzer's Ramblings

Friday, September 18, 2009

Passing Thoughts

   I was listening to President Obama in full campaign mode giving a speech the other day. When he is in that mode, he gets his rhythm going like I define as street talk.  President Bush used to do the same thing at times when he’d talk to groups like those in the south.  He’d get that drawl going the better to identify with those he was talking to at the time.  President Clinton did the same.

   This realization made me think of Ronald Reagan.  Think back to anytime you can remember him talking to anyone.  He was always the same.  I appreciated him in so many ways, but his being genuine, in retrospect may be one of the things I appreciated the most.

   Many think the two young reporters have been successful in shutting down ACORN.  I do not discount one bit what they have done to bring to light the inner workings of that organization.  I do caution one and all for what is coming.  Both the House and the Senate have voted to defund ACORN (at least part of ACORN).  Here is the catch.  ‘Before’ that gets voted into law, it must go before a conference committee.  The conference committee can strike anything they want from the bill and then it has to be voted on up or down.  No more debate possible after conference.  Many things are snuck through that way. 

   Me?  I will believe it when I see the defunding in the final bill and not until.  Congress is corrupt, that much you surely know by now. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home