John Smyzer's Ramblings

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Passing Thoughts

1)  Know this – post being administered twilight sleep for a colonoscopy, you just might talk (or sing) during the recovery. She said I had a good voice though while singing ‘On Top of Old Smokey’.  I dunno if I sang the clean version, although she had a flushed face while telling me about the voice.

2)  While traversing up/down I29 to Moorehead MN I was thinking of the new Chevy Volt.  Umm, where are the recharge stations gonna be?  Only 60 miles on a recharge methinks it is.  Wonder why the Japanese are focusing on hydrogen.

3)  Fields of sunflowers in bloom are beautiful.  A single sunflower is beautiful in and of itself; a whole field?  Amazing! 

4) I do think The President will get a healthcare bill, albeit watered down.  It is called incrementalism, and as such the proverbial door will have been  opened.

5)  I was one of the 60K + who resigned from AARP.  I was a member mainly to keep en eye on things.  Every time I read the magazine I’d get p.o.’d – I could see they were in favor of what was happening and it was the final straw for me.  The very people they claim to represent – NOT!!! It didn’t really take much to push me over the <finish>line with the illustrious AARP. Goodbye and good luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home