John Smyzer's Ramblings

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Pondering The President

I get up early; I get up very early according to many – my day beings generally between 4:30 and 5:00 a.m. – just a habit I can’t seem to break.  You see, I was always at my desk at 6:00 a.m. and I guess it is a built in reflex.

Regardless, I don’t generally take my shower until nineish – generally sit around and wait for spousal unit to rouse and ‘then’ hit the shower.  If that reveals what time she rises, so be it.

So today I am excited because both President Obama and former Vice President Cheney are going to speak on terrorism.  The former Veep’s speech had been planned for some time; President Obama decided yesterday he was going to speak today.  I thought at the time it was just  a way to generate a he said, I said situation, but…. just my opinion.

So I was reading the paper and time got away from me.  At 8:55 I had not had my shower yet and decided I could git in and git out – I neglected some areas as I didn’t wanna miss the President’s speech.  Well, he didn’t start till way late and again I thought what a childish action.  It appeared to me he was trying to run ‘over’ in his speech so as to make it difficult for those who were going to cover Cheney’s.  I actually turned him off and watched The View if that tells you anything. Instead of speaking clearly about what his intentions were it sounded like a campaign speech (again, my opinion).

Regardless, I never did hear Cheney’s speech; I am sure I will hear bits and pieces throughout the day and tomorrow.  I ‘did’ hear The President call Robert Gates William.  I didn’t even write this to comment on the speeches; I was just commenting on what appeared to be an apparent attempt to block Cheney out.  I think the administration is acting ‘afraid’ of Big Dick Cheney.  He was always Big Dick to me (private joke tween a brother of mine and me).  Little Dick was Dick Armey for those interested.

 smile_baringteeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home