John Smyzer's Ramblings

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Blind Justice

I heard a commotion  outside the window this morning.  Birds were going nutso.  A ‘very’ large black bird was being swarmed by blue jays I didn’t think too much about it as I was getting ready to go out and mow.

Upon going outside I soon discovered what the commotion was all about.  The black bird had evidently attacked the nest of the blue jays, knocking out of the nest four widdle jays.  They were too small to maneuver themselves.

I decided to call the Supreme Nature  Justices to see what I should do.  The one who answered asked what color the attacked birds were.  I said blue.  She said, only I can feel the pain of those jays, you cannot because you were never a bird.  I said, well, I ‘thought’ justice was supposed to be blind.  You are a moron she said.

Btw, the bird thingy really did happen.  I went about my business of mowing, knowing nature would take its course.  This was learned at an early age on the farm in Iowa where I grew up.  Some cat is probably licking their chops right about now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home