John Smyzer's Ramblings

Sunday, October 10, 2004

The Second Debate

Did you watch? I did - I guess I really know nothing about 'debate points'. Let there be no doubt Mr. Kerry is a skilled speaker. For some reason he reminds me of someone else in our recent past, I just can't put my finger on whom it might be. I did learn he has 'A Plan', I just don't know what it is yet. As to who won on 'debate points' is a matter of opinion.
I suspect the choice this year is one of the most black/white in history. I get very discouraged at times looking at the mess in Iraq - it is so simple to hear of the amounts of money spent there and thinking it could go to much better use here. Oh such a simple explanation. Not so simple I'm afraid.
I 'am' disgruntled' about the way our folks are fighting the war. War is hell... you might as well get the hell over quicker than later. If the bad guys are based in a mosque, level the fricking thing... get the bad over quickly so the healing can begin. Tis better in 'my' mind than to hear the drip drip drip of bad news.
So in that regard, I am no longer fully in support of The President. I agree the war was just; I agree we should be there, but "IF" we are there, DO IT and do it surgically and with utmost force.
Mr. Kerry on the other hand, had things gone the other way in Iraq would be in full support. Or would he? He is so very transparent and constantly has his finger in the air to see what his posiiton should be 'today'. Please give me someone who I can rely on, one with a constant purpose, not afraid to change if need be, but to be steadfast and courageous. The hard decisions are just that... 'hard', and not always popular.
Anyway, were I scoring the debate, it would have been nigh on 50/50 - my scores come from how I think one or the other makes the rest of the country feel (whether I agree or not) - you can get a sense of what sounds good... it is up to you whether or not you think the sound bite through to its logical conclusion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home