John Smyzer's Ramblings

Sunday, September 12, 2004

Election Nears

The election is right around the corner... I'm not too sure the American people still know Mr. Kerrey's record. The democrat convention certainly did not reveal who he is or what he stands for, other than to inform us he went to Viet Nam. This has been harped on before, but why would the democrat party NOT want to publicize Mr. Kerry's record?
I guess as one who follows politics somewhat closely, I have never seen anything quite like this campaign. While in fact I have 'some' unease with some of The President's views and or policies, I do feel like I know where he stands on most any issue. The President is what he is... right now I suspect that is his most important trait... the American people KNOW what The President stands for and they do NOT know what Mr. Kerry stands for.... course, truth be know, 'if' the people 'knew' what Mr. Kerry actually stood for, he would be blown out of the water so to speak.
I guess in the final analysis, President Bush is basically focused on one thing and one thing only... having said that, he is focused on the most important issue. I suspect this war will go on for the rest of 'my' life much to my chagrin. 9/11 changed everything for the rest of my life. Probably for anyone reading this also - 9/11 too a stumbling presidency and gave it focus. Not too sure anyone can deny that fact.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home