John Smyzer's Ramblings

Sunday, October 03, 2004

The First Debate

Disappointed in The President? Yes, but only in the fact he seemed to reach a point where he was talked out... if you can not fill two minutes with verbiage regarding any given subject, you have a problem.

Flat statement... if President Bush's performance in the next two debates is as bad as the first, we are looking at a new president. I do not believe the american people will allow any other outcome. Having said that, the very first Reagan Mondale debate was clearly won by Mondale and President Reagan at the time seemed almost senile. I remember being embarrased for him at the time... much the same as I was for President Bush last thursday night.

And btw, I was NOT disappointed when The President showed emotion, and sin of sins did not stand up straight. Had absolutely nothing to do with 'my' impressions. But what did, or did not come out of his mount certainly did influence me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home