John Smyzer's Ramblings

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

A Confirmation of Fears

   I don’t know if ‘fear’ is the right word, but I had my annual physical yesterday.  When the nurse came in to do the initial preliminaries she was wheeling a laptop on a stand.  I made the comment that they were moving uptown which opened the floodgates.  Mandated was the word on the laptops.  In a nutshell, they are being mandated to put all this stuff online so when they file for reimbursement they get paid by the coding applied.  Sounds good right? 

   I’ve been seeing this doctor for nearly 25 years now, since I got out of the military.  Both the nurse ‘and’ the doctor confirmed we are not gonna like what is coming.  Everybody agrees there are problems, but the solutions being spewed out upon us are going to be painful for many folks.  If the new procedures are not implemented by mid year, the doctor will take another 6% cut in their reimbursements.  With government fees at the bone now, this would put them literally losing money. 

   And this ladies and gents is ‘before’ the new requirements are implemented (if passed).  I had an 8:30 appointment and I didn’t get out of there until 10:20.  Doctor told me she is able to see less patients due to all the new requirements.  Why, by the time she got to the anal part of the exam she was P.O.’d and I said OWWWW!!!  And this after 25 years!  I’m used to a tender touch. smile_wink

   We did have quite a discussion,and about all I can say is, my personal doctor confirmed just about everything I’ve been fearing about the future.  Not good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home