John Smyzer's Ramblings

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

A ‘Jesus Take The Wheel Moment’

   I was on the road with four other gents the other day.  We’d had a long day, and were enroute back to Omaha from Little Rock AR.  Three were trying to snooze or doze… I was front passenger in doze mode… the two in the back were indeed sleeping. 

   I felt the car gently slide, and then things went from bad to worse.  Two 360s, first one way and then the other… sorta like tilt-a-whirl. Then down into the ditch and back up and kept right on going. 

   I swear the first thing to enter my head was the title of that song.  Never had it meant more than during that incident.  We had passed a tractor truck just about 10 seconds before.  He had to observe the entire thing… while we were in the ditch and coming out. He went on by and believe you me, he slowed.  We trailed him the rest of the way to Omaha at a mucho reduced speed.

   Black ice and no more need be said. It is nasty stuff.

1 Comments:

  • YIKES! Glad you all made it back on the road safely. Was there a need to make a pit stop to clean out drawers afterwards? Whew!

    By Blogger Tootsie, at 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home