John Smyzer's Ramblings

Friday, February 11, 2011

Things To Ponder

   I have no clue how the Egyptian issue is going to end, but I suspect Hosni will leave one way or the other ‘before’ September. In the meantime, it was breathtaking to hear him tell President Obama to go pound sand, if for no other reason it just does not happen too frequently.

   If you as a somewhat aware American are not scared to death with the absolute ignorance of James Clapper, our Director of National Intelligence, you must be totally oblivious.  Incompetence is an understatement when discussing this subject. 

   In my opinion, I thought Bill O’Reilly went easy on President Obama during the Super Bowl interview.  I did not however have any problem with his style of interviewing.  If you are going to interview a politician, you had better be able to break in or the person being interviewed will filibuster big-time.  On the other hand, on his show, (O’Reillys), it is disgusting to me to have to listen to Bill solicit comments from all his cohorts about how ‘he’ did while interviewing The President.  Sounds too much like he wants un-needed pats on the back.

   It has been interesting to see / hear the leaders in Europe, Merkel, Sarkozy, and Cameron say multiculturalism has failed in their countries. While I think it may be too late to turn the clocks back there, it is something I believe we should take to heart.  Will we?  I doubt it.  Just wouldn’t be prudent doncha know.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home