John Smyzer's Ramblings

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Justice Sotomayer

   For the record, I like the way she pauses, thinks, and then answers her questions. She gives insightful and thoughtful answers.

   I thought Senator Graham’s citing anonymous comments about how mean she was to lawyers who brought cases before her can be omitted.  For me, if you are going to criticize someone, be big enough to do so publicly or shut your yap. 

   What I do NOT like is the presumed Justice not owning up to her own thoughts espoused more than once in speeches.  I can certainly understand one mis-speaking when giving an off the cuff talk or speech.  However, to give a speech with basically the same content over and over, reiterating the same theme, and then having to back off those thoughts in front of this committee makes me sad.  Own up to it Ms. Sotomayer.  She can’t, and we all know it!  Sad but true.

   Regardless, ‘overall’, she is what one would expect from President Obama, and he did win the election.  One things for sure.  She can’t be any worse than the Justice she is replacing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home