John Smyzer's Ramblings

Friday, September 28, 2007

Universal Health Care

Let me preface this by saying I have a boil on the inside portion of my left leg.  It rubs when I walk causing much discomfort, and I just came in from mowing, so I am in a sour mood.

I think I am ready to convert, 'finally'.  After all, it is not going to cost us anything right?

We went to dinner the other night; one person was lamenting the fact he could not afford health insurance... his grand child needed this, needed that, and could not afford same.  Mother of said grand child is on welfare.  Regardless, my heart went out to them, especially as he ordered his fourth mixed drink (he wasn't driving).  As I twirled my linguine onto my spoon, I thought of health care and how it should be a right of everyone... no matter this father, grandfather was going to a college football game that cost boo koo bucks the next day... no matter his plate was piled high with pasta of all sorts... he should have a right to free health care, as all of us should. 

Then I got to thinking.  Why stop there.  What makes any American think they are so dad gummed special?  It is after all, [universal] health care right?  So why just health care for Americans?  Simultaneous with my conversion to this plan, I am now coming out 'against' securing our borders.  We need open borders in order to allow people in for their health care.  We have too much, we need to 'give' it to everyone.  Let nobody go without.  It is free after all. 

Man this frickin boil hurts!!!

2 Comments:

  • OUCH! That boil doesn't sound like any fun. What did you do to get that? Wait....I probably don't "need to know". :-O

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:03 PM  

  • Great work.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home